Friday, May 27, 2011

Upcycling a Lego brick into a USB key



I've always wanted to try this upcycling project. If you are lazy you can also buy the already-made key from the Lego store, but where is the fun?
I had an old USB key that I salvaged and kept for the day I would find Lego bricks... Now my son is old enough to play with Lego and so am I.

How to make it


I used a needle heated on a flame to empty the brick and leave just enough space for the USB key to fit, that's the most critical part. In my case, the key sticks inside the brick just by itself, but glue might be needed in some cases.


The only thing I don't have is a thin piece of Lego to close the bottom of the brick, because my son does not have any...yet. I will wait, but for now I use a regular brick.


This is other homemade USB key, I found online:
Made by Andrew
Corks

2 comments: